The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Those of you who have an eheim 2213 I am wondering what size of tubing you used to replace the ugly green ones. This should be good for a 10 gallon tank right? I am also looking at the hydor inline heater and was wondering what size you guys use? Any extra tips would be a great help for me because this will be my first canister filter. Thank you :)

Add On: I was looking at the mame overflow type thing on Plantbrain's 60P 2.0, I was wondering if anyone knew of something that is sleek and purposeful like that? It looks really neat, just way out of my price range. I am hoping for something like that for maybe $100- $150 (hopefully close to 100 though).

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Also, what would be a good and cheap tds meter? I am looking for somthing that is pretty close, doesn't have to be dead accurate.
@Blackwidow thank you for the speedy response, any tubing should be aquarium safe right?

·
Registered
821 Posts
The part number you're looking for at Home Depot is SVIG10 or SVIG20.
So the part number given here does not seem to be the same as the diameter measurements given below...

5/8 O.D x 1/2 I.D , you can find easily at home depot or your local hardware store.
Can anyone advise which one to get?

·
Super Moderator
16,940 Posts
Those are the part numbers for the clear Home Depot tubing I'm currently using with my 2213s. The '10' and '20' mean feet.

To make it easier for you to figure out rather than stress - take a small piece of your existing tube with you to Home Depot. Buy something that's similarly sized. There are tons of sizes available.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.