The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my Eheim 2213 today. Had a little trouble priming it but it is up and running. I am sure after a few times doing this I will get it down.

Few questions:
1) How far away does the quick disconnects need to be from the canister itself? Right now, I have them setup very close to the canister (less than an inch of tubing apart for both intake and outtake) and was wondering if this is ok to do.

2) Should the quick disconnects be in a specific direction?

3) I am using the quick disconnect (on the outflow side/top part of canister) to reduce the flow into the tank. How much can I reduce the flow without causing any damage?

4) Should I ever use the inflow (coming from the tank/bottom part of canister) to reduce flow?

·
Registered
221 Posts
100% with drb. Just my 2 cent on question 2.

Up to you. You might want to have the connector set up so there's one male and one female attached to the canister. Then when you reconnect after maintenance there's only one way for the hoses to reconnect and you don't have to trace which hose is the inlet and which is the outlet.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
100% with drb. Just my 2 cent on question 2.

Up to you. You might want to have the connector set up so there's one male and one female attached to the canister. Then when you reconnect after maintenance there's only one way for the hoses to reconnect and you don't have to trace which hose is the inlet and which is the outlet.
Super....my exact thoughts when I was doing the quick disconnects but wasn't sure if there was a right way and wrong way. :proud:

Thanks all for your responses!

·
Registered
736 Posts
you probably already know this, but for future priming just:

1. unplug filter
2. close inflow quick release with water still in it
3.when you reattach your (empty)filter you'll already have water in the inflow hose to prime you filter.
4. open all quick releases and your filter will fill up with water

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.