The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 60p coming in the mail (by the way, it looks like ADA raised their prices again, tank is now $139msrp) and I just picked up an Eheim Classic 2213 for it. The guy at the LFS talked me out of getting the Ecco 2234 claiming they're not as reliable as the Classics and are trickier to work with.. not sure how true it is but that's what he's claiming and I don't know why he would actively be selling the cheaper product.

So I just wanted to make sure the 2213 would be enough flow for the 60p with a Hydor ETH inline heater.

I'm also trying to find a place to buy replacement clear 1/2" diameter hose to replace the hideous green hose Eheim provides. I'm having a hard time finding any on Amazon.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
9,103 Posts
Well a 2213 might be "enough" but a 2215/17 would be better. I'm running a 2217 with a calaqua inline diffuser and it's brilliant. You can check our the tank in the 60-p link in my sig of you like.

One on the best things about having a filter this size on a rank that size is that I only need to take it off for maintenence once a year if that.

I would highly consider taking the 13 back for atleast a 15 and better off a 17 if you can swing it. ;)

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the info guys, I'll probably go for the 2215 then as long as additional flow isn't going to upset the fish I get. thinking rasboras, o-cats, and rams should be alright with it.

can anyone tell me where to find 1/2" clear hose though?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.