The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone with a 2213 on a 20G tank feel regret over not getting the 2215 instead?

It will be for shrimp tanks and I don't want to fool around but if the 2213 is sufficient then I can afford to get 3 total instead of 2 2215s so that would be nice.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
A single 2215 on both of my 20g tanks (a tall and a long) is just about right imo. Sometimes I wonder if I should've gotten the 2217 for the long tank. :hihi: The only issue I have with the long is that with lily pipes I don't feel like there's enough water circulation (i.e. stirring of excess food, waste, etc. for the filter to pick up) so I added a Koralia Nano 240. Works great as long as long as the HC is rooted in well. :)

·
Registered
736 Posts
I've got one on my 20 Long. If you like the hurricane look inside your tank get more than the 2213. My plants don't sway all over the place, but I can definitely see the CO2 bubbles circulating completely around my tank without issues. I would not hesitate to buy it again for this tank.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
I've got one on my 20 Long. If you like the hurricane look inside your tank get more than the 2213. My plants don't sway all over the place, but I can definitely see the CO2 bubbles circulating completely around my tank without issues. I would not hesitate to buy it again for this tank.
Spray bar or lily pipes? I notice with the lily pipes I have very little to no plant movement. I only have consistent movement (natural movement, I'd call it) now that I've added the koralia. My 20 tall with a spray bar (cut to the width of the tank) on the other hand has constant plant movement - all the way down to my crypts and chain swords.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Spray bar or lily pipes?
I use this oxygen diffuser attached to the outlet. I just open it at night, and close it during the day.

I notice with the lily pipes I have very little to no plant movement. I only have consistent movement (natural movement, I'd call it) now that I've added the koralia.
Ah...that makes sense.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.