The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm using it on a 10 gallon shrimp tank. The 2213 would be too strong and blow them around. Currently using a Aquaclear 50 with a filtermax pre sponge and it seems perfect but wanted an Eheim so there would be less maintenance

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol i did. Your idea seems good but a 2213 is definitely overkill. The 2211 would be perfect for my tank because I don't need that much filtration for a 10 gallon shrimp tank. Plus I get to save 3 watts of electricity : )

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
F the 3 watts of electricity. You get way more filtering capacity for the same amount of money, kind of a no brainer in my mind.
Wow...ok. Obviously you do get more filtering capacity because it's stronger. I know that. I'm just getting a 2211 because I don't need that much filtration in a SHRIMP tank. People use sponge filters in shrimp tanks... I understand that your trying to help me and I appreciate it but it's not a no brainer. A 2211 is perfect for me :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.