The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Until recently I hadn't heard about the 2211 version of the classic canister. I always thought the 2213 was the smallest one.

Why aren't these widely available, and what kind of feedback do owners have?

I own a 2213 and a 2215 and like them both quite a bit. While I would love a Pro II, I haven't been able to justify the cost difference yet.

Anyway, I have a 20g tall tank that currently runs with a HOB flter which pretty much neutralizes the DIY co2. I would like to use a canister, but I'm worried about the flow rate. Even the 2213 has a bit more flow than I would like.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I've got a 2211, special ordered it through a LFS but wasn't tough to get. I had it hooked up to my 2.5g and that worked well, it was a bit powerful though. I'm about to hook it up to my 5.4g, I think that is going to be a better fit for it. I'd say unless you have nothing at all in the tank, its def not adequate for a 20g tank. I wouldn't even use it on a 10g...

·
Super Moderator
11,959 Posts
For a 20g, I would say that a 2215 is required. A 2213 is more suitable for a 10g.

Regarding flow, you can always use a spray bar to diffuse the flow. If this is still too much, you can try pointing the spray bar at the wall of the aquarium, or drill the holes so that they are larger.

·
Registered
414 Posts
2213 is just barely adequate for a heavily planted 20g. I have a 2213 running on my 20g and there are some noticeable dead spots in the corner that doesn't have the spray-bar.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts