The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting tired of looking at my zoomed 501 next to the tank hence why I'm planning on replacing it with a Eheim 2211 to be able to hide the canister.

I was wondering what the lowest flow i can dial down the Eheim to without creating any back pressure and causing a leak.

·
Registered
12,428 Posts
One of the Eheim manuals does recommend partially closing the output cutoff to regulate flow. I can't see there ever being a problem with back pressure as the pumps are very weak pumps as compared to other designs that use a regular motor. There is also no question of overheating, etc. on this type motor. Just a totally different design.
I would say you can feel free to close the cutoff on the output as far as you like. I might shy away from closing the input side as it could (at least in theory??) cause a lack of water and maybe noise. I'm really skeptical of that theory, though.
For heating concerns, we often hear of impellers which have stopped for hours without overheating.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.