The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I recently bought an eheim filter for my new mr aqua 11.4 gallon. The eheim is a 2211, I have heard people comment that this might be a bit underpowered, but as I already bought and can't afford a bigger filter at the time, I think I will just go with it. Anyway, my question is, is it ok to have the filter right behind the tank as seen in this photo?

The filter will intake will be just a hair under the water level, maybe a centimeter. I don't really have another place I could put the filter because the hosing that came with it is too short for me to have the filter on the ground. Thanks for you input guys.

Oh and please feel free to comment on the setup as a whole and the hard scape. Trying to figure the hard scape out

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I have a 2211. It should work perfectly fine situated there. Eheims aren't like ZooMed or Tom's canisters where you have to put them at a certain spot for it to function properly.

As for your hardscape, I think your rocks are too small. You should have three rocks around the size of that biggest one IMO.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 2211. It should work perfectly fine situated there. Eheims aren't like ZooMed or Tom's canisters where you have to put them at a certain spot for it to function properly.

As for your hardscape, I think your rocks are too small. You should have three rocks around the size of that biggest one IMO.
Thanks for the info on the eheim. About the rocks, I really wanted to find bigger ones for this tank, but I was unable to find any of good size except for the one on the right. I looked around for a few hours with no luck. So, unfortunately, these are all I have to work with :(

·
Registered
188 Posts
I bought the same filter for my Fluval Ebi. It will work if placed at tank level. However I find it primes better when the filter is below the tank level.

Of note, I am a little miffed that the fine filter clogged up in 3 weeks. I bought 9 more filters as these are not reusable. I figure I will have to change them monthly, until I find a better solution.

This is my first canister BTW.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Of note, I am a little miffed that the fine filter clogged up in 3 weeks. I bought 9 more filters as these are not reusable. I figure I will have to change them monthly, until I find a better solution.
I just buy a roll of white poly quilt batting from Wal-mart for $10 and cut up the circles to size. So far, a single bag has lasted two years. For my 2211 and 2213, I replace it every two weeks. Don't bother spending money on Eheim replacements (which are extremely overpriced).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.