The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently set up my Eheim 2128 again and I'm getting one little annoying problem: that stupid little flow indicator ball. The little ball spins like crazy and bounces against the top of the chamber, creating an obnoxious noise. It's been a couple years, but I don't recall having this problem last time this filter was in use.

Anyone seen this problem before? Is there an easy way to remove the ball? Is it a waste of my time trying to contact Eheim?

For the uninitiated, here's a picture of the top. That clear window has a ball in it. Obviously, if your filter is clogged, the ball will stay near the bottom.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Anyone seen this problem before? Is there an easy way to remove the ball? Is it a waste of my time trying to contact Eheim?
I've read about the problem, and that people have removed the flow indicator because of it.

FWIW I bought toward the end of 2005 & and came with a little cylinder & spring instead of the ball, silent.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
The ball in my 2028 is completely pitted and corroded. It doesn't even move anymore. I was thinking of taking it out next time I clean it. On the Pro II models it is easy to get to the flow indicator. Are the Pro IIIs built in such a way that you can get in there to clean?

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I had mine for about 3 years and haven't had that issue yet.

BTW, Is that the newer Pro IIs? Looks like a Pro III 2080.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry the pic is not of my filter. I have a Pro II, but could only find a top down pic of the Pro 3. Apprently the ball is easy to remove, but how? Maybe I'm slow, but it wasn't readily apparent to me when I looked at it.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Yes you can remove the flow indicator but be careful not to pull on the spring under it,just use a tooth pick or something to remove it.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Noisy ball removed! That was easy.

Now, if I could only get it to stop burping (must be my CO2 reactor), I'd be good to go. Why don't these things ever just work right from the get go?

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts