The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I've had my canister filter (Eheim 2026) since about Christmas now and it's always had a kind of rattling to it. I thought this was just the little flow ball in there but I was cleaning the filter today and I decided to take a closer look and I noticed that the impeller does not sit in the guide properly. I tried to center it but it does not appear to be long enough.

I hope this picture works so you can see what I mean.

[/URL[/IMG]

Does anyone know how I can fix this or what I should do??

The rattle isn't THAT bad but I'd rather have a completely quiet system if I can and I imgaine if it's loose that there's some premature wear going on.

Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I took it apart and there is no rubber bushing in there. I'm guessing that's making the rattling noise. I don't know if I opened that up when I first got it and it fell out or if it was never there to begin with.

Hopefully it's something I can pick up though!!!

Thanks a lot for the replys guys.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
The bushing's gone? That's what I thought. Time to call Ernesto! ;)

(514) 624-2229

[email protected]

Tommy

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So we'll chalk this one up to being slightly inept :D

I remember when I was putting this thing together that there was a piece of rubber (the bushing in question ;) ) that fell when I was putting it together and I didn't know where it went.....

Well I found that it fit perfectly into the little cup on the flow meter thingy that the spring sits in. And well that's been it's home for the last 5 months or so.

I feel pretty stupid but as soon as I found it and installed it the thing runs perfectly quiet. Oooops :icon_redf

Thanks so much for the help guys. I appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Cancel one phone call to Canada...;) Glad you still had the bushing.:proud:

Tommy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.