The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Nice! Get some pics up here. I've never kept lizards or anything besides fish really, so I live vicariously through others on here with their different pets, ha.

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
That is awsome F22! Hope they hatch for ya!

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
How long till\did they hatch?

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
About 2-4 more weeks from what I'm told, I'm gonna candle them tonight and see if they are good.
Sweet! Good luck!

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Man that stinks! Better luck next time eh?

·
Registered
4,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ehh, first time hatching rhacodactylus i kinda figured i would screw something up, just really annoyed.. oh well, the adults are looking good. and I figured out what i did to ruin the eggs..

I rolled them and didn't realize it, and from what my buddy tells me (leapin leachies, this guy is amazing at breeding geckos) the babies attach themselves to the wall of the egg and if they are upside down or on the side the eggs end up not hatching, i think thats what i did. I came home a little drunk the night i found the eggs and the rest is history...

Take this as a lesson kids, don't drink and play with your breeder animals...

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Sorry to hear about the eggs! Was it this pair's first time breeding? It could also just be that they didn't get it quite right!

But at least you know they are trying! I hope you have more success in the future! And either way, I'd still love to see pics of the adults! I have a crested gecko (Rhacodactylus ciliatus) that i love and i think all rhacs are adorable AND gorgeous, so I'd love to see yours! :)

·
Registered
4,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ok, looks like a get a do-over with the gargoyle geckos... found more eggs about 5 minutes ago when i checked out the tank... I must have just caught her after she laid them cause she is skinny and looks bad, but there are the 2 largest gargoyle gecko eggs I have ever seen.

I built a new incubator and i am not drunk so i did not roll the eggs or screw anything up.

I was told that I can use a tubberware container with eco earth and a few dishes of water to keep it humid with a small heat bulb over it and I should be just fine, we'll see what happens...

wish me luck...again

·
Aroid Addict
3,493 Posts
Good luck! You got any pics of the parents? We have a couple Marbled Gargs at my work, but I've never seen Super High Reds before

·
Registered
4,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ummm, no pics as of now... and i dont want to mess with them, she looks bad from the eggs... the other thing is that they are an orange color gecko, but they throw crazy red babies...

i'll post pics of the them by the end of the week, assuming she fattens back up

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.