The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this not so professional picture of eggs I just now found in my 29g community aquarium.

Inhabitants:
7 Harlequin rasboras
6 Otos
Numerous RCS and CRS
1 Asian Filter Shrimp - female
Numerous Ramshorn snails and pond snails

I know it's not a good picture, i don't have an expensive camera to zoom in really far.

on my anubias coffeeolia

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
anything special i should do to them?

I see my rasboras CONSTANTLY going at it with each other underneath the leaves of my H. polysperma
They prefer the more broad leaved plants and they will lay the eggs under there. Otos I dont think care bout where the eggs are but it is more common to see the eggs in fine leaved plants(like Rotala Indica or Rotala Rotundifolia). You can add the eggs to a seperate tank and put an airstone near them to "fan" the eggs. Then when they hatch they should eat the egg sac and then you should feed them liquid fry food. And Congrats on the eggs!

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Hmmm,

I didn't read your post that the Rasboras were doing their thing. But, as everyone has stated and you just confirmed they typically lay under the leaves. There are always exceptions...

JT
This is true. Like I had said Otos prefer thin leaved plants to lay there eggs in but there are exceptions to this. Its a mix up. When and if they hatch you can try to identify what they are as they grow older.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.