The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought some plants off of ebay, and Naja was included in the plant bundle (had to research it to find out what it was)...the website I found it on calls it South American, Rare...Is it rare?
I have had it for almost a week, floating in my 10g. It is very green and growing, so I guess I am doing something right.

I got this bundle because it had Java moss, and "fern", but the "fern" turned out to be pennywort...I really don't care...got a LOT of snails (my fish like escargot! They have eaten all of my snails), and a few accidental sprigs of hornwort. I well got my moneys worth!

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Anacharis is Egeria densa, so they are similar but not quite the same thing. What sets naja apart is how the leaves curl downward.

Rare? I bet it grows like a weed, so not for long. But if it means anything, I currently keep 70+ species and have had many more than that in the past and I've never happened upon it.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anacharis is Egeria densa, so they are similar but not quite the same thing. What sets naja apart is how the leaves curl downward.

Rare? I bet it grows like a weed, so not for long. But if it means anything, I currently keep 70+ species and have had many more than that in the past and I've never happened upon it.
This plants leaves does curl downward...I researched the Egeria densa...not the same plant.

I have had it for a week, and there is already new growth to it. Maybe I will not kill it! :)

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Very fast growing, semi uncommon plant. My LFS gets it in occasionally, but you could easily obtain it from other hobbyists. Much, much prettier than Anacharis in my opinion.

·
Banned
3,297 Posts
I got this plant as a bonus in someone's plant SnS.
it grows like a weed spreading in all directions over
other plants blocking their light, so prune this often.

If I were making a shrimp or fish fry tank, this plant
would be an excellent refuge medium because it will
grow at all levels, densities, and looks interesting.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got this plant as a bonus in someone's plant SnS.
it grows like a weed spreading in all directions over
other plants blocking their light, so prune this often.

If I were making a shrimp or fish fry tank, this plant
would be an excellent refuge medium because it will
grow at all levels, densities, and looks interesting.
10g is a Betta fry tank, but thinking seriously about having it as a Cherry Shrimp tank. It is doing great so far in there. I really like the look of it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.