The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 29 gallon biocube (72 watts of light) with around 8 small community fish (some dwarf gouramis, a couple red eye puffers, and some cory cats) and 4 inches of eco-complete substrate in my tank... the only additive I've been dosing w/ is excel, and the tank is about 1.5 mos old. ammonia, nitrites, nitrates are all at 0... ph is a little high, around 7.8.

I have about 5 bunches of wisteria, and lately the edges of their leaves have been turning black. This seems to be the only plant that is doing this. This is happening to the majority of the leaves, however, I've noticed some new plants stemming off from them and growing from the gravel, they're around 2-3 inches tall... and all of their leaves are perfect looking.

Anyone have any idea what's going on? Could my pH just be too high?

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
first of all you arent feeding your plants. they need ferts and nitrate is one of them. it shouldnt be at 0.
ph isnt an issue

what'll happen with plants is when they grow new leaves and there arent any nutrients available to them they will steal the certain nutrients from the old leaves.

what kind of lighting do you have?

can you take pics of your tank and the leaves so we can help a little more?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.