The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
i might be picking up some from a buddy. was going to make a thread to see if they would work. ill just sub into this one and follow

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
The ones with two blue LEDs will look very blue over your tank---- those blues are a lot more powerful than you might expect.

They will grow plants just fine though. I've seen planted tanks with that exact same bulb over it (3w, 2b) and it looked nice. Definitely blue but the tank looked fine to me.

It should, you will most likely need multiple bulbs since their footprint is only about 12" in diameter.

As long as you are able to suspend the bulb up higher, you can get good PAR levels on these on probably more than a 12X12 area. For a low light area, you could probably get 20X20 roughly. If you have it low enough that it's only lighting a 12X12 would definitely be high light and require CO2. Reef guys use it low enough to get a 12X12 area and I've seen these hit over 200 micromols at that sort of height.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Wish these LED makers would sell all white colors or a white red combo etc.
I have nagged the folks at Nanotuners.com to do this.... they were the first folks to make and sell these lights.

Apparently since they only market to the reef-rocket crowd, we're just chump change.

I'll build you an LED array though Tom :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts