The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
It looks like it. I wonder who they pissed off and how. Look at this: https://www.facebook.com/MoroccanAgentSecret01

Apparently they have a bot net that scans and looks for vulnerable pages and in many cases it looks like these are not targeted hacks.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
@mistergreen These are islamists. I will not say much more as this isnt a political forum. I dont think money is the motive. I looked it up and it looks like they enter through vulnerable wordpress sites. More of a nuisance than anything. Pretty pathetic when you cant enjoy a hobby without some nut ruining it.

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
The issue with paying them is they don't remove Jack and leave you high and dry. This is why you don't negotiate with hackers.

That is why you keep offsite backups of your website. If you are doing low volume orders you have that database write to another instance with different credentials and a much more active backup schedule. If someone hacks it you nuke the whole instance and are back online in less then half an hour and the hackers freak out.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
The issue with paying them is they don't remove Jack and leave you high and dry. This is why you don't negotiate with hackers.

That is why you keep offsite backups of your website. If you are doing low volume orders you have that database write to another instance with different credentials and a much more active backup schedule. If someone hacks it you nuke the whole instance and are back online in less then half an hour and the hackers freak out.
Hopefully while you are at it you fix the exploited vulnerability.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.