The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just got a 36" Ecoxotic LED, it has a 120 degree Optics. I assume the LED should have equal spread front to back regardless of 60,90, or 120 degree optics when centering on top of my 40 gallon. It is not the case, one side is noticeable much brighter than the other (See pic). I think this is a manufacturing defect that the led is not aligned properly. Any of you have this issue?? Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
588 Posts
Hi, I just got a 36" Ecoxotic LED, it has a 120 degree Optics. I assume the LED should have equal spread front to back regardless of 60,90, or 120 degree optics when centering on top of my 40 gallon. It is not the case, one side is noticeable much brighter than the other (See pic). I think this is a manufacturing defect that the led is not aligned properly. Any of you have this issue?? Thanks.
That is really weird, is the circuit board or tilted when you flip the light upside down?

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks everyone. I think the light is fine, somehow maybe the black trim on the tank is not level or something. I am using a hanging kit, so it fixed the issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.