The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend a inexpensive economical regulator for a C02 cartridge? Possible a paintball cartridge?

Thanks.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the aquatek mini regulator its was around 80-90 on amazon love it on my 40 breeder. Also it can fit any paintball tank

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk
Does this have some kind of electronic way to turn on/off on a schedule or do you have to adjust it manually?

I think its bad to have C02 at night because the plants stop using it and start requiring oxygen.

Thanks.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes its has a solenoid to turn off at night an yes also u could use a time l turn it off at night

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

How does this solenoid know when its time to turn on/off the pressure?

Do you connected it to a timer or your computer or something?

Thanks

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You connect it to a timer, 10 bucks at home depot. And just because there is co2 in the water does not mean there is not oxygen.
So how does that work exactly?

When there is power applied to the system, the valve opens and without power the valve closes?

Does it work something like that?

Thanks.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Yes. When the solenoid is on, co2 is being added to your aquarium. Turn off the solenoid, and it closes shut. The timers are very easy to program. It plugs into an outlet, and the solenoid plugs in to the timer.

Bump:

Prolly not, but you can try. If it doesn't work, return it. I doubt you will be able to fine tune that enough, and it may not be air tight. May also randomly open up and dump massive amounts of co2 into your aquarium, killing your pets.

I have tanks with no livestock that I have cheap flowmeters attached to. Just save up and buy a regulator from GLA for 200 bucks. It''ll have a three year warranty, and they will do all the diagnosing/ tinkering for you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.