The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Good evening. I have a curious growth on an Echinodorus Yellow Sun. It started to grow very well (Co2 + fertilizers), and is still doing well, but now it throws its leaves up to the surface. It is not blooming. I bring you a photo. The aquarium is 60x60x60 cms. Do you know why it grows like this?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes. I do.
Thanks.:)

Well. They are already cut. Now to wait for the reaction of the plant.
They were more than 70 cm long. And they had grown to 2 cm per hour, approximately. (Photo).

·
Registered
404 Posts
If the leaves grew like that and then floated at the surface? It would be one of the Aponogetons. If it grew out of the water like a pond plant such as Pickerel weed? For sure its Echinodorus. Pretty sure it's the latter.

·
Registered
793 Posts
One of my mellon swords grow leaves like that - they are around 24 inches long but have very long steams. There is no reason to believe it is an apongeton or pickerel weed. Anyway there is no reason to believe it is not a sword plant.

If the leaves grew like that and then floated at the surface? It would be one of the Aponogetons. If it grew out of the water like a pond plant such as Pickerel weed? For sure its Echinodorus. Pretty sure it's the latter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.