The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been growing these guys for a few years now and finally have added pressurized co2 in the last few days. Noticed a new leaf was not only a striking shade of metallic purple, but also had these great red veins. Now if I can only get the nesea in the back to perk up...

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
this is one of those dream plants for me, I don't have great luck with it sadly :(

how big is this plant for you and what's the growth rate like?

my problem seems to be that it has stayed small for me and then gotten lost among everything else

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine is about 6-8 inches across and only a few inches high, the leaves don't tend to point up they spread out more.

Growth is slow, usually 1 new leaf every week or so. These days it is much faster, the pressurized co2 has it up to about 2 leaves a week so far. I'm very happy with the results and am interested to see the plant transform.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got mine from gordonrichards here on tpt. Plants arrived in very good condition and have grown out nicely.

·
Saddletramp
156 Posts
Can these be grown emersed? I know lots of the Ecinorodus do well that way. Just curious about these rarer types and species.
Thanks in advance for any info. Bill

1 - 9 of 9 Posts