The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

I have a large group of healthy (obviously)Echinodorus osiris.
They have shot out two stems (don't know what the right name would be) of what I've been told are flowers.
I let one grow out of the tank and it is now about 6 inches above the water.
The 'pine cone' end has now growing longer and spreading out with a new head launched out the side.

My question is do I just let them go till they die and drop off or should I be thinking about fertilizing the flowers?

Any special care for them?

Thanks very much

Rick

·
Registered
251 Posts
My echinodorus Tropica "marble Queen" got to the height of about 2ft (leaves alone) and the "pine cone" as you call it grew out of the water and was about 2.5 to 3 ft long. it was growing in a 8inch clay pot natural light. I later removed it and replanted the babies. The mother plant went outside into my fathers pond where it sat and pretty much died. The plant however did not die it just changed to immersed growth and shot out tons of stems that formed into like 8 baby plants that i now have. Basically i'm saying the shoots require no care. just make sure it goes back into the water because that's where the babies will form and roots will drop out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.