The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a great deal on an older model Ebo-jager heater. I am not sure if it is an Eheim model or not. It does not say Eheim anywhere on it. It just says model TS. It is a 250W. Same question everyone else has about it. Is it submergible.

The only reason I ask differntly is because after reading quite a bit, I did submerge it. After a day of being submerged, I noticed a tiny bit if water inside of the heater around the top part of it, but inside the glass.

I immediately pulled it out and just used it above the water line. I would much rather submerge it as it looks horrible the way it is. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Most heaters will show condensation inside the glass near the heating element as they were not assembled in zero humidity factories.

But if it's showing moisture at the top part, I would definitely not submerse it as that's an indication water is entering at the temperature dial.

I believe only the newest Ebo-Jagers can be submersible. I also have an older ebo-jager heater and it has a clearly marked "do not submerse above here" line and I have not submersed it. I don't want to find out the hard way if it's capable or not.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts