The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Are these real?
15,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am feeling a bit stupid... my first real bidding experience. Won a lens on ebay, it's a Tamron that was supposed to be for a Canon camera. After further inspection, it has a Minolta mount. I even left positive feedback before I found out the "mistake".

Is there any protection for that sort of thing? I wonder if I can dispute the credit card charge... probably not.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
You can file a SIGNIFICANTLY NOT AS DESCRIBED and probably get your money back if you paid via paypal. My advice is to contact the seller and work it out first.

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
I would call the CC company and file a charge back. eBay/PayPal both seem to take forever when you're disputing something.

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
I could do that, but they always want that huge questionaire that makes me feel like a half lier... Like, did you order the merchandise? Yes. Did you receive it? Yes. Well what's your problem then, leave us alone. :wink:

The auction said it was for a Canon, but it was for a Minolta, right? Then it wasn't the right item that was sent. Fair reason for a chargeback.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Your best bet is to contact the seller and explain the problem ,if he does not want to rectify the situation ,then take it up with Ebay and Paypal.
The sellers are well aware of your rights as a buyer,which means you don't have to be threatening and hostile,just stating the facts will suffice.
I know you have already taken the 1st step,now its time to involve Ebay,and yes!its time to answer all those silly questions but go through it.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Hope they make good. Problem here and what you will find If you attempt the "item not as discribed" route. you left positive feedback. That will be the sellers way of showing that you were satisfied with your sale. This also allows Ebay to wash their hands of it. once you leave your feedback it greatly hinders your options of resoloution thru the ebay/paypal systems. Take it directly to the seller. If that dosen't work you will most likley have to do a charge back on Paypal thru your financial institution. Tho this may get your paypal account banned.

·
Are these real?
15,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good point Blacksunshine. Hopefully the seller will respond. Nothing so far. I think the seller might not have known himself. Also I noticed that this lens costs twice as much with the Canon (and Nikon, etc) mount compared to the Minolta/Sony mount. Weird.

I guess you can't retract feedback ratings...

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Good point Blacksunshine. Hopefully the seller will respond. Nothing so far. I think the seller might not have known himself. Also I noticed that this lens costs twice as much with the Canon (and Nikon, etc) mount compared to the Minolta/Sony mount. Weird.

I guess you can't retract feedback ratings...
yeah as stated "all feedback is perm. so be sure of what you are posting."
You can do a mutual withdraw. but the seller has to aggree.
I've learned the hard way on this as well. Best bet is always wait till your item is received and you have tested it out (if possible). Just to make sure it is working like it should be.

Remember you have 30 days to give your feedback.

·
Are these real?
15,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, looks like my Paypal claim reached the seller, and he agreed to take the merchandise back.

Bad news is that I really wanted that lens, now. I guess it would have been too good to be true.

Good news is that last night, I received a refurbished EOS 20D in the mail. The only thing refurbished on that was the little sticker. In the box, there was a brand new 20D. Not bad for $650. :biggrin:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts