The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to Cull some lesser desired shrimp out of my office tank. What's the easiest way to catch them. Also what do most people do with their culls?

Sent from a dark corner in my happy place

·
Registered
249 Posts
Netting would allow you to only pick up the shrimp you want. Some people set up tanks just for culls. Some eradicate them. Some either sell or RAOK them. If you want to give them away Ill take them.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Netting would allow you to only pick up the shrimp you want. Some people set up tanks just for culls. Some eradicate them. Some either sell or RAOK them. If you want to give them away Ill take them.
If i end looking to ship some will let you know. Probably not going that route though

Net them out individually.

And start up a few different tanks for your culls! :)

More tanks... The wife might have my head :-(

Now where to get a tiny net....

Local fish/plant club could auction them off if you donate them. This allows the club to fund other functions...:)
Thats actually a good idea!!

·
Invert Warrior
3,886 Posts
Fluval makes a tiny net.

I think Jake has some, ask him, as he already commented here lol.

Just don't 'eradicate' them. If you want them deceased, put them in a community tank to be eaten.

MABJ's iDevice used for this message :p

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Just don't 'eradicate' them. If you want them deceased, put them in a community tank to be eaten.

MABJ's iDevice used for this message :p
thats what i do, it works for feeding my cray, they used to get eaten in my other tank, but i have noticed i have populations starting in my 29 cus my apistos don't eat them.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I just culled my tank today and found an easier way to net them. I use a drum stick and a small shrimp net. I use the drum stick to push them out in the open with one hand and scoop them up with the other. I put my culls in my platy tank. There's a lot of them in there now. Occasionally I treat my angels to a "snack". I belong to my local fish club and we are always thrilled when people make a donation.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sounds like netting is the way to go!

I think i will donate to a local group, thats really a great idea

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.