The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im planning on switching my 90g fahaka tank into a blackwater style bio-tope. Im not going for an exact recreation or anything, but a similar setup.

Most of the stock will consist of severums, and maybe a few convicts or so. I would like to lightly plant the tank, with a soil base to help with tannins. I dont wanto run co2 or dose at all if possible. So ill be looking for super easy plants (considering they will get nipped at, something that grows fast). I have Water Wisteria in my one tank that grows like a mad man, im pretty sure you could stick it in sawdust in a bottle of fruit juice and it would still grow. What other plants are as simple to grow as that? Specifically ones that will get nice and tall.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Water Sprite (Ceratopteris thalictroides) grows like a weed--I'm getting tired of trimming mine haha. You can leave it as a floating plant, or plant it in the substrate. Has a nice bright green color too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.