The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know who makes reasonably priced and well built tanks here back east, I live in central PA and coast to coast which is ridiculous price wanted 1900 dollars for a 100 gallon tank without overflows or holes drilled then wanted me to buy a 2000 dollar metal stand, well with 35 yrs as an aquarist I figured I would go eslewhere!

·
Registered
393 Posts
shipping is going to be a fortune anywhere you go... just go to a bigger pet or fish store in your area... like here in michigan we have preuss pets and the fish doctors both REALLY good fish stores and fantastic fins (i've never been there but i heard its REALLY nice)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks but shipping is not necessarily the issue ath this point I want to find a good quality builder who will charge a fair price. Where I reside the fish stores are worthless chains no real Devotees of Aquaristics so I would like reasonable answers . Not trying to be difficult I am glad you have great stores in your Locale I do not!! I need people who have actual hands on experience with excellent tank builders I know my aquaristics just need professional tank builders here in the Eastern US

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for your suggestion Perfecto used to make that size no longer making them for what its worth I heard working with Glasscages is a crap shoot not worth taking the risk IMO

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'd recommend glasscages. I got my 120 from them in 2004 or so. Great experience, reasonable price. I can see how it's a bit of a crapshoot.

I'd also recommend craigslist. I think a few people out there may get into the hobby and then realize after buying all the stuff that it's not worth the effort.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
If you are serious about using that specific sized tank, then +1 on glasscages.

If you are willing to budge on the size, then +1 on getting a 125g instead. You'll save tons of money, and have 25% more tank volume!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.