The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any enthusiasts interested in an alternative club for east central Illinois? Champaign has one, but they aren't the most welcoming group.

I can arrange sponsorship / hosting if there's enough interest.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I am in Bloomington and I am interested.

I have had contact with the Champaign group and attended several meeting, they seem fine to me

I have some small angels that I would trade for plans if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I'm actually in the Champaign Area Fish Exchange (the Champaign group mentioned above) and hope you are successful in setting up a group in the Bloomington-Normal area since I know how fun that can be. For those in our area we encourage you to attend a meeting on the first Saturday of the month or join our Yahoo group or Facebook page. Members get 15% off many items at Sailfin Pets in Champaign. Send me PM if you have any questions.

·
Registered
61 Posts
The meeting will be at my house at 3 PM on Saturday. A request was made to change the time from 6 PM to 3 PM in order for someone to attend.

This will be a 40 or so minute meeting in order to see what the interest is and if there is enough interest in this area to support a fish club. I would like to have several meeting ( 1 per month ) and then set a set time for all future meetings. During the first meeting, and for the first few meeting I would like to hear from the group about what they would like to see in the club. I would also like to talk about the development of this club and what club members want to see from the club. During the first meeting I would also like to talk to everyone about the GCCA swap meet and organize a meeting place for anyone that is interested in attending.

Please e mail me if you have any question or if you are not able to make this meeting but would like to attend in the future.

The first few meeting will be to see if there is enough interest to go forward
I live near Wesleyan University. My address is:
1107 N. Clinton Blvd
Bloomington, IL

·
Registered
61 Posts
We had our first meeting on Saturday and I thought it went well. Nine people attended with several more sending regrets. The next meeting will be Sunday December 11th at 2 pm. I was pleased with the group and was encourage with the thoughts and ideals people had. More information will be comming about the next meeting

David Zink was kind enough to set up a Yahoo site for us ,Central Illinois Tropical Aquarium Club (CITAC) . I hope everyone will join our Yahoo group. To join go to http://groups.yahoo.com/ and search for centralillinoistac and join the group.

That way then you can email [email protected] and everyone who is part of the group will get the message.

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
Sounds like you folks are off to a good start. I'd suggest stopping by the GGCA table and introducing your selves. The board members are all pretty good people and a great resource for club advice on set up & running your club.

Get a hold of Robert's rules that will help you with basic protocols.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.