The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, it's been a few months now that I've had a shrimp tank with Caridinas and neos. The blue neos have bred and molted, as well as the Caridinas. I've had random and sporadic deaths since I first got it but the parameters have been stable and within range (as well as temperature). I do not have test kit with me right now, or my last results sadly (will get them later).

I started noticing decoloration on some shrimps. Some would recover but others wouldn't. Friend gave me 6 red wine Caridinas, 1 died a few weeks after but all were growing and molting. One is berried. This one developed those colors and became really dark... this was a few weeks back and now I found him dead.

I've been reading here and looks like it is a bacteria. Anyone with experience treating this? I don't have a quarantine tank, and my tank has pandas, red wine and blue neos (it has a small box with the shrimps I full which are bronze).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys, it's been a few months now that I've had a shrimp tank with Caridinas and neos. The blue neos have bred and molted, as well as the Caridinas. I've had random and sporadic deaths since I first got it but the parameters have been stable and within range (as well as temperature). I do not have test kit with me right now, or my last results sadly (will get them later).

I started noticing decoloration on some shrimps. Some would recover but others wouldn't. Friend gave me 6 red wine Caridinas, 1 died a few weeks after but all were growing and molting. One is berried. This one developed those colors and became really dark... this was a few weeks back and now I found him dead. View attachment 1025385
View attachment 1025386
View attachment 1025387

I've been reading here and looks like it is a bacteria. Anyone with experience treating this? I don't have a quarantine tank, and my tank has pandas, red wine and blue neos (it has a small box with the shrimps I full which are bronze).
Might be "white ring of death" hard to tell in cardinias because of the white banding. It prevents the shell from breaking in the proper spot during molt "Marks shrimp tanks" says unequivocally it's caused by doing too large of water changes. No more than 10% and SLOW

Edit: I'm looking closer and I'm thinking that's what it is

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Might be "white ring of death" hard to tell in cardinias because of the white banding. It prevents the shell from breaking in the proper spot during molt "Marks shrimp tanks" says unequivocally it's caused by doing too large of water changes. No more than 10% and SLOW

Edit: I'm looking closer and I'm thinking that's what it is
I don't think it is that. My shrimps are constantly molting. I'm either cleaning their molts or I find them eating molts. All females that developed sacks have molted and gotten berried. I've been doing 10% every week.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ammonia - 0ppm / API 0.25ppm
Nitrate - 40ppm / API 10-20ppm
Nitrite - 0-0.5ppm / API 0ppm
GH - 150-300ppm / API 6° or 100ppm
KH - 0ppm / API 1°
Chlorine - 0ppm
pH - 6.2-6.8 // API 6.8
TDS - 110

Was able to test it right now with different mejores. Both strips and drops/liquid.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.