The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know atfer transportation it will start too melt, so i let it go , it started to melt more and thats where all my oil came, i rubbed the leaf and it was oily

but anyways i pulled it up and the rhmoznes or rotting away, and it started to smell like sulfur

i pick away the good ones and the bad ones and cut of any rhmoznes that wer mushy,

well i think that plant is history

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well im jus saying that crypts dying makes oil film, and was wondering why the rhizomes were rotting away

and you said in pm that i was always writing negative responses and why i was negative all the time, which i aint

·
Banned
560 Posts
well im jus saying that crypts dying makes oil film, and was wondering why the rhizomes were rotting away

and you said in pm that i was always writing negative responses and why i was negative all the time, which i aint
I have had oil film on my tanks and nothing was dieing. It is normal in a planted tank IME.
If the rhizomes are rotting then they are dead. You might want to let them float for a day or two BEFORE planting next time to avoid that.
I did not say you were - all the time,but sometimes you come ACROSS that way. I am guilty of that too sometimes (rarely)...So who am I to talk:icon_roll

·
Registered
319 Posts
That oily surface is on top of the water? Its like a milky substance? Thats protein from what I understand.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.