The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello their. This is just something I wanted to post on here with an issue that I had with a certain plant and what helped fix the issue after. So I bought two dwarf water lilies from a website online and after receiving them I planted them in my aquarium where I wanted them. After a couple weeks I noticed that the smallest water lily had some white stuff growing on it's bulb and spreading into the sand substrate so this is my first time seeing something like this since I am a beginner plant aquarium newbie so I decided to take it out and put in some water with a bit of hydrogen peroxide for about 10 minutes, after that I washed it off and put it back in the tank. Besides the white fuzz that I saw I also decided to just smell the plant and it had one pretty nasty smell to it, but decided to put it back in anyways because the plants were growing and not melting. Fast forward to about 3 weeks later and I notice a white spot growing on the side of one of my parkinsons rainbowfish and took it out to get a closer look and saw that it was some fuzzy white stuff. I kept it out of the 75 gallon tank hoping that this didn't spread to the other rainbowfish but sadly the next couple days I noticed 5 more rainbowfish starting getting some white spots on their body as well, so after getting some more information I learned that they had a fungal disease. So I had no idea really where they caught the fungal disease or how it got brought in but I already had on hand some good medications to deal with something like this. The medications I learned about from a youtube video that aquariumcoop posted concerning 3 main medications and the good thing about the medications is that they are plant safe, snail and shrimp safe, and also safe for the bio media bacteria as well. So after this whole thing I decided to treat my whole 75 gallon fish tank instead of quarantining my fish since I wasn't really sure where the fungus came from and I wanted to get the root of the cause. The medications used where Ich-X and Maracyn. Maracyn requires 5 whole days of treatment so I decided to use Ich-X as well for the five days since it also helps with fungal diseases. Now before the medications I have noticed that the Dwarf water lilies were growing pretty slowly and after 3 days of treatment so far I noticed that the water lilies starting to really take off. So after the five day treatment was done the water lilies started to really grow like crazy so I came to the conclusion that the fungal disease was brought into my tank from the dwarf water lilies. So now all my fish are healthy with no fungal disease on them and my whole fish tank is doing much better now after the treatment. So this is just something I wanted to share because maybe it might help somebody who might have the same issue unless somebody already posted something like this that happened to them on here already, LOL. I will also share some photos of the dwarf water lily and photo of the sunset parva rainbowfish that is about 6 months old and is starting to color up a bit. :grin2:

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.