The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is dwarf sag primarily a root feeder or does it draw its nutrients from the water column?

The tank has been up and running for 6 weeks, planted for 4 weeks and everything(cabombas, anacharis, hygro difformis, sword) is taking off like crazy except for the dwarf sag and I am thinking it is due to a lacking substrate. I had everything set up and planted before I found TPT and did not know about quality substrates. I did mix in laterite before planting and have added root tabs in the last couple weeks but the dwarf sag just wont take off, no runners at all and only a small amount of new growth on the main plant.

I have been dosing Flourish Comp and my drop checker is yellowish green. I have ordered dry ferts from Bob's Aquatic along with some of his root tabs but they haven't showed up yet.

Am I just being impatient or is there something else I can/need to do?

·
Registered
342 Posts
just be patient.. you'll need it when they start growing. in my experience, i wasn't dosing back then but had a diy co2.. it took my dwarf sag three weeks before i saw runners.. and after 3 RAOKs, i finally got rid of 'em..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.