The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought some Malobar Dwarf Puffers about a week ago and they are now settling into their tank and are way more active. They "hunt" the blood worms I feed them down in a minute and look pretty happy.

They are now stalking the pond snails and I love watching them. I cannot believe I have not kept them in all the years I have been keeping fish/shrimp.

I have 5 in a moderately planted 30 gallon tank. Am I maxed out or can I get more?

Thanks.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I've been wanting puffers so bad lately. I saw some at the lfs the other day too and that didn't help lol.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
If your tank is densely planted, then you could go more like chunkychun said. My 20L had about 8-9 in there and there was no sign of aggression between the fish at all, granted my tank was FULL of plants though, so their line of sight was limited.

·
Registered
379 Posts
You need more plants. I had 3 in an 8 gallon & they were very happy showing no aggression towards eachother, however it was heavily planted to hinder the site

·
Registered
266 Posts
I had 5 in a ten, but they grew up together and the tank was heavily planted, with a dwarf hairgrass carpet and a forest of stems in the back with a massive piece of driftwood.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts