The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about adding Dwarf Hair Grass to my tank.

In this tank, I do not does fertilizers but the soil is nutrient rich. (Used dirt, MGOCPM)

My question is, will dwarf hair grass do well in this dirt tank without fertilizers. Lighting is at about PAR40.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
It should be able to grow. I was able to get DHG belem to grow in MGOCPM just fine.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
In my signature thread I have a patch of Belem growing in MGOPS, which is the same thing as MGOCPM minus the Peat Moss and Chicken poop.

I got a tiny bunch of it and spread it out, and I've seen doubled growth since I put it in there two weeks ago. It's slowly filling in the gaps and I expect to have a full carpet in by the end of November.

It will grow fine in your tank, as it's a heavy root feeder. Make sure not to crush the roots or plant it too deeply or the blades will rot.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
It will grow, but is difficult to get to root, so if youve got corys or other bottome feeders they might tend to uproot it, just be aware of that and you should be fine

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll have to get some Dwarf Hair Grass then. I will just divide it into small sections and plant ( not to deep) 1" apart. Thanks everyone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts