The Planted Tank Forum banner

Dwarf Hair Grass Replanting

2123 2
Well I bought some Dwarf Hairgrass a while back and put it in a tank with insufficient light. I finally got a planted tank going and all the plants are going along great except for the dwarf hairgrass I replanted.

So today I took two hours of picking off the dead roots and grass and got the small little runners that were left. I would post a pic but they are so tiny its impossible to see.

My question is will they grow fine now? I have DIY co2 going and it runs into my filter but I have a diffuser ordered. I have sand substrate and all my plants are doing well and not to brag but ive never seen a better banana plant ever...knock on wood.

Anyways, what are the chances of it making it? I also dose macros and micros once a week. the ten gallon is in my sig.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I should replant mine, it's still in rockwool! It has been growing, however. I have mine in sand as well, and it's sending runners. I started doing liquid fertilizer and I had crushed root tablets on the roots when I planted it.

I'd say yours will do well. The CO2 is going to help, I'm sure. You may want to consider adding some root tablets to the sand substrate, since sand is inert.
There's also the flourish excel (carbon) and liquid fertilizer to consider, too.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah ima get a dry fert mix that has potassium, iron, nitrogen, an all the flourish liquid fertilizers in one. Plus y co2 diffuser is on its way so that the co2 will diffuse better. Plus ima put some reflectors on the corners of my lights to increase par. Thanks or the help!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.