The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought 2 Gouramis recently from a local pet shop and one of them has been staying isolated from all other fish in the upper corner. Unsure on its eating habits, but it has been clenching its fin and has been developing black spots and patches. None of the other fish are having this problem (yet), all levels and temps are normal throughout the tank.

Other than the 2 Gouramis, we have 1 Pleco, mystery Catfish, and 5 Black Skirt Tetras.

Attached are some pictures of the fish after I took him out of my main tank and into a temp QT tank. The picture where the fish is facing to your left is the biggest black patch currently. If anyone could let me know what the fish might have as well as the cure/tank adjustments I need to do I would be extremely appreciative!

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
625 Posts
Fish afflicted with dgiv generally sit at the bottom rather than hide in a top corner. If he does have that virus he is toast no matter what. I had one with dgiv and he developed open wounds and would always sink to the bottom. Thats why I think yours is getting beat up rather than being sick if he was hanging at the top.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts