The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this has been asked before, but are dwarf crays mixable with dwarf cories? People say they can be mixed with small fish but I'm wary.

I've noticed these guys are somewhat aggressive, so I'm wondering.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My crays HAVE nipped at my dwarf cories.

And now both are dead. Not because of them though. Causes unknown. The same water bred black CRS so I dunno wtf the problem was.
I know what you mean. They don't seem to acclimate well, but after a couple weeks they seem fine. Sort of like Otocinclus cats. Maybe it's how they are collected, or maybe they came in with parasites of some kind. I know they water is fine because the cherries are breeding at a high pace.

But you didn't notice any problems with the cories being nipped at?

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Well of course the fin nipping was a problem. Well first I had 5 cories. One died the next day. This is BEFORE I introduced the cray. Another died two days afterwards. Shrimp are fine here. Then another one died and my amano shrimp ran away and it dried up, and 3 bee shrimp died. Did water change. and after that all was fine. So I have 2 cories left and 2 bee shrimp. Then I added crayfish. 2 cories got nipped. One died and got "eaten" from the cray. Then I moved the cray, then the last one died randomly.

MAAH.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.