The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
We're planning on doing blue tigers and RCS in our 10 gallon. We have 3 male guppies and I was wondering if a group of dwarf cories would be ok with our shrimp. Anyone keep them together? Tank will be heavily planted. Thanks.

This should say pygmy. Not dwarf. Sorry about that.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Aren't pygmy corys one species of dwarf cory? I was under the impression that there are 3 dwarf corys: pygmy, hastatus and habrosus. Anyone know different, please clue me in.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I keep a small group of cory hasbrosus with my shrimp in a 21 gallon. So far they are doing fine together. I wouldn't put it past them to eat a shrimplet, but my tank is well planted so there are plenty of places to hide. They are fun fish to watch - great addition to the tank. I would love to get some cory hastatus, but I can't seem to find them anywhere.

·
Registered
48 Posts
No experience personally. But I've heard from those in the know... pretty much any fish except otos will eat shrimplets if they're hungry. If losing some of the shrimplets is not a worry then have at it.

And your shrimp will hide much more if it's not a shrimp only tank.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.