The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone grow dwarf baby tears without CO2? Any pictures of results?

I'm planning to dry start them in my 34 gallon under 110w lights that will run 13 hours per day (possibly 14). They'll be anywhere from 12 to 17 inches below the lights depending on where they're planted. I also plan to use Flourish Comprehensive and possibly Flourish Excel if necessary, to boost CO2. There will likely be very few plants in the tank, just a meadow of dwarf baby tears and a few bunch plants. No light will be substantially blocked.

1. How should I transition them from air to water?
2. Will aiming the powerheads downward to decrease surface movement boost CO2 levels?
3. Will it be beneficial to run a skimmer (made for saltwater) in order to add tiny air bubbles?
4. Anyone have pictures of their HC without CO2?

·
Registered
936 Posts
growing like weed in my dirted nanocube without co2. i didnt even planted it on purpouse. it is as compact as it can possibly be now, occupied all substrate, needs weekly trimming. i get the feeling light is most important to this plant

917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
growing like weed in my dirted nanocube without co2. i didnt even planted it on purpouse. it is as compact as it can possibly be now, occupied all substrate, needs weekly trimming. i get the feeling light is most important to this plant
Thanks, makes me feel better about spending $62 on a 10 x 10 inch mat lol... So many people are saying it'll just grow algae or die.

How far is your HC from your lights? Do you fertilize? Any growing tips you could give me for an environment without CO2?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hc

I have two hc tank right now they both used co2 injection. I have tried excel, works, but be caution if you have shrimp (e.g. amano shrimp) in the tank, as excel contain iron in it.

I am also doing sort of a wabi kusa. i uploaded a picture for references.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts