The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I wanted to document and share my new 30 gal planted tank with you all. I planted my dwarf baby tear last night via DSM last night! I am pretty excited to get this awesome project going. I will try and post updates every couple weeks on progress. I will also be asking questions along the way so knowledgable followers would be GREATLY appreciated :) This is my first aquarium EVER, so i'm taking a bold risk and going big with an iwagumi-esque dwarf baby tear planted tank.

This is my equipment setup as of now:
Tank: Seaclear 30 Gallon Tank (36"x12"x16")
Lighting: Coralife Dual Fixture High Output T5 36" (w/ Colormax and 67000k daylight bulbs)
Filter: Sunsun Super HW-302 3-Stage External Canister Filter, 264gph
Substrate: ADA Aqua Soil Amazonia Normal Type (base) and Powder (top)
Circulation Pump: Hydor Koralia Nano 240 Water Circulation Pump
Regulator: Aquatek Mini CO2 Regulator
CO2: 24oz CO2 paintball tank x2
Heater: Aquatop GH50 Aquarium Submersible Glass Heater, 50-Watt
Diffuser: Green Leaf Aquarium ATOMIC CO2 Diffuser 70MM
Other: Green Leaf Aquarium CO2 Resistance Tubing - 10ft, Green Leaf Aquarium Cal Aqua Nano Drop Checker

Here is the start....enjoy! :smile: (I apologize for the irremovable tank lid :frown2:)

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you keeping a cover over the openings of the tank lid? Emersed setups should stay near 100% humidity.
Yes, I have saran wrap over the top with a few holes.

Do you have any tips on how much to water? I have read that I should have presoaked my ADA substrate to get the moisture going faster and at once but I also read not to. Hopefully I can continue spraying at it will be moist/humid enough.

·
Registered
No tank right now :( :( :(
3,329 Posts
just FYI i think HC grows much faster submerged. I regretted doing a dry start on mine

1 - 8 of 8 Posts