The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Opae Ula Crazed.
1,408 Posts
It's my experience that NO frogs eat anything of the live vegetable variety. Except for African frogs which will eat fish food... but they would be at their happiest eating fish fry, insects, worms, etc.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's my experience that NO frogs eat anything of the live vegetable variety. Except for African frogs which will eat fish food... but they would be at their happiest eating fish fry, insects, worms, etc.
I feed them bloodworms and california black worms beside fish food...
What about zebra danio fish? or is there any small fish or invert that eat duckweed which i can keep in a 6 gallon aquarium.

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
A small feeder goldfish. Then you can get rid of it after, lol.

But aside from that, I don't really know anything else that'll eat duckweed. You can try apple snails, spixis will chow on floaters every now and then.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A small feeder goldfish. Then you can get rid of it after, lol.

But aside from that, I don't really know anything else that'll eat duckweed. You can try apple snails, spixis will chow on floaters every now and then.
I don't want to get rid of it, i like to have some on the surface of my tanks but not to the point that cover all the surface...may be i'll try apple snails.

·
Opae Ula Crazed.
1,408 Posts
My shrimp like riding on it... but don't eat it. Young ramshorn snails ride on it too, thinking they may be eating it, at least the roots.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.