The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put in some root tabs a couple days ago for the first time. The next day, everything in the tank was covered with this... well... soot. Not cloudiness, actual debris, like the tabs exploded all over the place. Is that normal? I put 4 tabs in a 29 gal, and pushed them down an inch or so under the gravel. Now I have these little root tab volcanos. SO the question is: is that normal? if not, did I do something wrong? and, how the heck do I avoid having that happen in the future? Thanks!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just put in some root tabs a couple days ago for the first time. The next day, everything in the tank was covered with this... well... soot. quote]

Well I'm pretty sure the "soot" is diatoms. Here's a couple pics.. what do you think? Maybe it was just a coincidence they showed up immediately after I put in the root tabs, or maybe somehow that brought it about. So now I guess I'll troll the "algae" forum for solutions! One question answered, another one raised... haha.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.