The Planted Tank Forum banner

41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Added Lily Pipes - eBay from HK.

These are the poppy outflow medium size. They reduce the flow or keep it at the surface. The hosing is smaller than the standard so i assume its less flow. My filter is now turned all the way up and it there is less current in the aquarium. A lot more surface movement though.

So far so good. ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21368637106.258315.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21368637120.470850.jpg

I should prob refil the water. Lost some doing the install.

Attachments

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
40 filter used
15 tubing
12 clamp for light delivered
40 lily pipes delivered

I think that's it.

The Aquastyle came with a filter and the light was attached as a single unit. Same light but now it's clamped properly on the tank.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I've been following your tank's progress and I am interested in growing some Marsilea Minuta myself. Yours seems to be growing pretty slowly though... do you like it?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
It's good. Easier to maintain than the HC I had in this tank. I have moved it around one or twice to - each time tossed a small amount out. However, it's not a fast grower and that's a good thing IMO.

Also, my new filter had carbon in it. I just took that out the other day because it may have been soaking up the good plant nutrients slowing growth.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I want to set up a low tech tank and I was thinking this would be the perfect foreground plant. I've seen it grow nice and thick and pictures and want that look. You are the first person I've seen with it in pictures so I thought I'd get your opinion.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·

New growth. Two Honey Gourami added which may be too many Gourami for this tank. Also added an ATO using an Aqualifter pump and timer to control top off and dosing. Right now it's dosing RO mixed with metricide and micros. Algae, is disappearing and tank looks healthier. Not bad at all.

When I started this tank I did not mind high maintenance and monitoring. Now I just want it to be as simple as possible.

Added the stock equipment to clean the clutter around the tank. I have everything inside the stand now. Put a heater on since the house is cooling off.

Will probably sell the fluval 106 filter and lily pipes soon.

·
Registered
5,738 Posts
Can you get a better photo of your gouramis? At least one looks really too grey/blue hued to be a honey gourami from the photos you have so far. BTW love the tiny see through but distorted tiles in the cabinet door! Make all the stuff inside look mysterious and cool ^^

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Had an ich outbreak. I think the new fish brought it in. One honey passed. Raising temps and adding salt. We used this water to top off our beta tank and I think the beta is ill as well so I brought him the cube for qt.

Here's a pick:

·
Registered
714 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but...

Where on earth did you get the light clamp for 12$? I have looked everywhere for just the clamp and cannot find it. I already have the tank and set up, with the powerled fixture, I just need to locate that clamp

Thanks

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
I’m bringing this tank back to life! It’ll be planted with dragon stone and spider wood for the hard scape. More to come.

I just finished cleaning it out and put it on my home office desk - which is getting a lot of use these days. This tank started as a WFH desktop tank way back when. It feels good to revive it and this thread :)

Attachments

41 - 60 of 69 Posts