The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Gah, too bad you weren't in Idaho. I'd give you a gallon bucket of it. Shouldn't be too hard to find someone trying to get rid of it :)

·
Registered
298 Posts
If u live in Florida. Man, get a bottle of water and get about 20 units in a lake (don't worry, the lake will regenerate this amount real quick) and quarantine it for a week, check for worms and things like that. U now have duckweed forever, whether u like it or not.

That's what I did. I got like 10 units only and now my tanks are overpopulated with this plant, but I love it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
If you want small floaters that won't be invasive to your hands/arms whenever you do maintenance on your tank, I have salvinia minima, which are a smaller form of floaters that won't attach to your hands every time you touch the surface of your tank. I have a variety of floaters, but don't keep duckweed because it's aquarium herpes to me.

·
Registered
298 Posts
If you want small floaters that won't be invasive to your hands/arms whenever you do maintenance on your tank, I have salvinia minima, which are a smaller form of floaters that won't attach to your hands every time you touch the surface of your tank. I have a variety of floaters, but don't keep duckweed because it's aquarium herpes to me.
microorganisms use them in the surface

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. I currently have salvinia minima in that particular tank and it's ok but the roots seem to keep a lot of dirt in them. I used to have some duckweed mixed in and decided to take it all out but have since decided I liked the duckweed better. The duckweed roots don't seem to grow as long. Salvinia minima is my second favorite though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts