The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, first post on here so bear with me, anyways I’m looking to get a co2 setup as I’m getting into planted aquariums. I’ve noticed that a lot of the dual stage regulators have 2 needle valves with the bubble counters on top, thus you can use the same setup going to 2 different aquariums off the same co2 tank and regulator. Question is, is there single stage regulators that can also run 2 tanks?

·
Registered
13,081 Posts
Both can be configured to run multiple tanks.
Usually a single tank setup is the norm.
inc. dual stage units.

·
Registered
12,428 Posts
Understand also that the multiple tanks do not all have to be run in that way as the gas flow can be as simple as adding a Tee and a second needle valve at most any location in the line. It doesn't have to be what you see most often. Think of the gas flow being much the same as water flow in the house or a set of hoses tied together to water the yard?
I do not like to have all the fragile stuff at the tank as it is easy to break when I have to change tanks, so I run much of that out on lines where it is off the tank and also where I can see and reach it much easier.
I don't like having the bubble counter fluid directly above the stuff I want to keep dry (in case the check valve fails?) so I move the needle valve and use the Fluval bubble counters and place the tank in the back of the stand but mount the fragile stuff on the front of the stand where it is easy to use.
Just avoid doing things the hard way if there is an easy way ---even if it is not the "normal" way!
I do use Grigg's reactors which means I can use lower pressure like 10PSI on cheap airline tubing to connect everything past the solenoid.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.