The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all- I'm just finishing up aquascaping my 29 gallon freshwater tank and wanted to see if the Aquatic Life Marquis 30" dual T5 HO light would be sufficient lighting for my tank.

Right now its not heavily planted (see below- the lighting you see in the picture is just with the dual T5 set up) but I do plan on adding some more stem plants and other plants in the back right corner to fill it in more and maybe some more dwarf hairgrass along the foreground and some kind of moss on the manzanita driftwood. Also no CO2 at the moment just dosing Flourish Excel everyday until i decide on a CO2 setup. Lights right now stay on from 7am-5pm, so roughly around 10 hours. This my first planted tank so I want to make sure I get things down right from the start.

I bought a Finnex Fugeray Planted + 30" to supplement the lighting, will that be necessary or can I get by with just the dual T5s. Thank you!

·
Registered
58 Posts
What is the wattage on your bulbs?

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
You probably already have high light with that 2 bulb Aquatic Life fixture. You will need to use pressurized CO2 if you want to avoid serious algae problems. Adding more light would create a Heaven-on-Earth for algae!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.