The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
You can go either way, I got a Aquatic Life and I'm building my own. If you can find some good deals, then why not. Just keep a look out on various auction sites, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. Also, you're from the US, shipping won't be so expensive.

Up north here, it's either local or somehow get extremely lucky.

Hi!

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Nothing wrong with dual STAGE, but it's pretty much overkill for the aquarium application IMO. I've been using very basic regs like azoo and milwaukee for a long time and never once experienced this so-called EOTD. I also don't replace my cylinders until nothing is coming out of the diffuser.
+1

Logically, if the azoo and milwaukee had major problems that were common, I'm sure they would not be selling these rigs year after year. Houseofcard is right in that respect.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Uhm, pretty sure everyone with a single stage does that. If you decide to go the paintball route, get an adapter and this beautiful JT model which let you see how much CO2 is left.

*horn - toot toot

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
I would think after your fried a couple you would have switched, but instead you kept using them, why? :icon_wink I must be the luckiest person in the world, since I've never fried one, never experienced EOTD.

So are you saying the extra money on dual stage regulators is really worth it? I would say 80-90% of setups here have single stage. Wouldn't there by EOTD stories everyday based on those numbers.
Guy has a point.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts