The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
5,942 Posts
Nothing wrong with dual STAGE, but it's pretty much overkill for the aquarium application IMO. I've been using very basic regs like azoo and milwaukee for a long time and never once experienced this so-called EOTD. I also don't replace my cylinders until nothing is coming out of the diffuser.

·
Banned
5,942 Posts
Okay so from what I am reading about dual and single STAGE regulators is that "sometimes" you can get an end of tank dump with a single. A double eliminates that issue. Correct?..
That might be technically true, but to keep things in their proper prospective, your fish are much more likely to die of old age than to suffer a premature demise from EOTD.

·
Banned
5,942 Posts
Neither are dual stage and both are junk. I've fried a dozen of these over the years, my victor single stages have lasted 10-20 years without issues, I have all dual stage regs and top of the line stuff now, but it did cost some $.

If spend a lot on dual stage regs, it'll not be wasted $.
They should last the life of the tank and then some.
I would think after your fried a couple you would have switched, but instead you kept using them, why? :icon_wink I must be the luckiest person in the world, since I've never fried one, never experienced EOTD.

So are you saying the extra money on dual stage regulators is really worth it? I would say 80-90% of setups here have single stage. Wouldn't there by EOTD stories everyday based on those numbers.

·
Banned
5,942 Posts
If you are only comparing a statistic of 1, then you can say things like the brand "makes feel happy". Cannot argue with that. But if you want to discuss reliability, I've gone through quite a number of them. You can cull through forums and see the stat's. I'm sure some are okay, and for some applications, for some people.
Actually it's just the opposite. There are so many of these in circulation that that it would be impossible to go a day without an issue, let alone EOTD. The silent majority is usually 'silent', the minority are the ones with problems and voice them. You can google iphone issues too, should I believe that most iphones have issues as well. I myself have used around 12 of them for myself and clients and have had no issues. Sometimes it takes take a while to adjust things initially, but after that's is pretty solid. I did 'fry' two of them when I had a small fire, no pun intended.

I never once stated that they will fail for any and everyone that buys them. I also did not state anything about EOTD with them either.
Failed solenoids, no#1 issue. Bad Check valves, terrible needle valves.
Hence the term "fried". The regulator itself is fine near as I could tell, but with all the cheap junk they are adding to it, I toss them right away.
I don't know if you edited your comments, but I'm pretty sure you said something to that effect, but I don't like to misquote people so my apologies if you did not.

There are plenty of ways to screw up the CO2, if you have not done it yet, you are luckier than most, but........ wait.:wink:
I am truly blessed, by the co2 Gods, since I've had no issues in over 7 years using Milwaukee/Azoo regulators with their original needle valves. Also I would say around half of the issues stated on this forum are from user abuse. Most of this abuse is from people that purchase the Milwaukee as their first reg and damage it or many here, buy them used and already damaged. Again I'm not stating this is a high quality product in comparison to some other regs/setups, but the issues are grossly exaggerated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts