The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
The PH is my tanks is never below 7, so should I be using Iron DTPA with my Micronutrient solution?
Yes, if you want to ensure that it remains chelated, it is stable to around pH 7.5. If you use a UVS, though, it will break the bond within a few hours. You can also use gluconate, such as Seachem iron, if you dose frequently. Many members mix DTPA and gluconate, since the gluconated iron is absorbed almost immediately.

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, if you want to ensure that it remains chelated, it is stable to around pH 7.5. If you use a UVS, though, it will break the bond within a few hours. You can also use gluconate, such as Seachem iron, if you dose frequently. Many members mix DTPA and gluconate, since the gluconated iron is absorbed almost immediately.
Do you know if these people using the gluconated are using it "in addition? I have some ferrous gluconate salt and I'm trying to figure out how I will dose once I get my water challenges resolved.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Do you know if these people using the gluconated are using it "in addition? I have some ferrous gluconate salt and I'm trying to figure out how I will dose once I get my water challenges resolved.
Those that I am thinking about do use the gluconate form in addition to the DTPA. I use only the gluconate form due to my UVS.

Reactions: DigityDog70
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.