The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My chemist gave me DTPA without any Fe, though I am dosing it as Fe 10% as per the calc. I am dosing as per EI, only Macros and no CSM+B, but instead DTPA.

Can I continue to add the DTPA with the macros or buy some Fe and mix it 10% of the DTPA volume and keep dosing it?

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
i think your question is kind of confusing, DTPA is a chelate iron, which works better in both low-high ph. DTPA shouldn't be added in a big amount, 0.05 ppm per day of DTPA Fe should be good starting point or even less, DTPA doesn't add any sulphate but i think it does add some Na (sodium). you are not adding any traces?

am still confuse about when you said your chemist gave you DTPA without any Fe.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Are you saying you're adding plain DTPA (diethylene triamine pentaacetic acid)? If so there is no benefit to this. It's merely the chelating agent used to stabilize iron. It has no iron on it's own.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dear Happi,

Yes, as Zorfox said I had got only DTPA, plain DTPA, without iron, and yes I am not adding any traces?

But after going through some other sites I bought Ferric Sulphate and added 1 part Ferric Sulphate to 2 parts DTPA, mixed and boiled it. The water turned yellow and am dosing every alternate day, 30 ml in my 143 Liters tank.

Can I ask someone on this forum if I am dosing the macro correctly as well the DTPA and Fe in the right proportion, since Tom Barr's site does not register me?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts