The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the past couple of weeks I've been considering making a tank for emersed growth. Finally I did. Bought a 5.5 and working on it.
I want to see your set ups/ farms. Whether its an ADA aquarium or plastic tupperware. Lets see them!

Heres mine!
just some IKEA lights with a glass top. Ran out of amazonia half way.
Currently trying to grow some Hydrocotyle japan, HC, UG, and Monte Carlo

·
Registered
185 Posts
emersed tanks are the best! I started with one and now I have three! all holding and growing plants for future projects when I get more free time!

first pic - my main reserve tank, 40+ species in there and holds a small amounts of almost all the species I've had. this tank focuses around anubias and oddball plants.

second pic - moss grow tank, mostly xmas, mini pellia, and spiky moss. also has a small setup for pots that grow crypts, monte carlo, and hydrocotyles.

third pic - my lowest tech and cost setup! had a large styro box and slapped a t8 on it and it currently grows UG, stauros, glossos, hydrocotyle japan, monte carlo, downoi, and toninas.

Attachments

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
emersed tanks are the best! I started with one and now I have three! all holding and growing plants for future projects when I get more free time!

first pic - my main reserve tank, 40+ species in there and holds a small amounts of almost all the species I've had. this tank focuses around anubias and oddball plants.

second pic - moss grow tank, mostly xmas, mini pellia, and spiky moss. also has a small setup for pots that grow crypts, monte carlo, and hydrocotyles.

third pic - my lowest tech and cost setup! had a large styro box and slapped a t8 on it and it currently grows UG, stauros, glossos, hydrocotyle japan, monte carlo, downoi, and toninas.
wow, how do you keep your plants moist? Do you have some sort of sprinkler or rain system?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Do you mix it with water or straight from the bottle?
My plants are usually in pots so I just have to add to the water around them, but for the comprehensive I mix lightly with water and mist it on them.
I also have pots with soil/aquasoil which I dose ferts very lightly, normally not needed, but I personally prefer inert substrates so you know what goes in and how much is present.
I find growing plants in emersed doesn't really require nutrient rich substrates.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
I may have an emersed plant or two. ;)

Haha... Mostly Crypts and Anubias species but there are quite a few stems too. Haha actually there are probably more stem species than Anubias. I will be tearing down these two tanks(20L & 55) soon as they're full and replacing them with several(6-8) 40g breeders. There are more details on that in my emersed journal if you're interested.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.